9.13.2006

I'm Mesmerized By This Cheesy Ad


Every once-in-a-while when I check my hotmail account, I'll stumble across this advertisement from Lowermybills.com. What I think will be a quick email check turns out being a 10 minute stare at this ad. My eyes are glued to it. You can't tell from the motionless photo, but the people glide across the rooftop while their bodies dance. I think I have an idea how they made it. My guess is that they filmed a live action dance sequence against a green screen, rotoscoped it, then brought it into Flash and added the other image layers. It's too bad the rest of the design sucks. Although I like the moon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before you say anything else, I need you to know that I am ALSO mezmorized by this ad!

I noticed it the other day, and I just watched it for a few minutes. (I don't know how long, because all sense of time stops when watching this thing.)

Then I started singing "Moondance" in my head. And then "Dancing in the Moonlight." But I sang that one out loud.

September 14, 2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

This ad makes no sense and for that reason I get really angry when I see it. Really, really angry.

September 19, 2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

I love this ad, It makes me wish I was better at rooftop dancing. That girl is smooth! but from an advertising point of view and without looking again now that I think of it, I can't remember what the ad is for, I never got past that dancing lady. (I also couldn't tell you what kind of dancer the guy is)

September 29, 2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home