11.13.2006

Confession #11


Sometimes I feel bad for vegetable because the fruit always gets picked first. Kids shun the vegetables and always go for the fruit. People almost always pick strawberries over sauerkraut (how does sauerkraut grow anyway?). There are no vegetable candies or vegetable ice-cream that I am aware of. Starburst doesn't have a broccoli chew. Ice cream always consists of fruit and chocolate. What about corn ice-cream drizzled in caramel or Sweet potatoe flavored ice-cream with a buttery brown sugar sauce? Vegetable's deserve a chance as much as the next food. They're screaming out for our attention and we always quietly "look away." Just give vegetables a chance ice-cream makers of the world!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah but would you seriously pick pea flavored starbursts over the strawberry?

Maybe vegetables like being overlooked. Maybe fruits and veggies are are like people. Fruits are the outgoing ones and veggies are the ones that like to watch from a distance.

November 13, 2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm definitely a vegetable.

November 13, 2006 10:25 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Mm, that sweet potato ice cream sounds dang good.

I think vegetables are kind of like, "Whatever. You don't have to want me. You need me. Pass me by. I dare you. But you'll come back when your eyesight is failing and you need beta carotene."

November 14, 2006 10:15 AM  
Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

I hate fruits...small unknown fact about Jeff.

I love vegetables. Oh, and meat.

November 17, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Dracoverde said...

Your sister linked to your blog today and I just read this, though it's been a while since you wrote it. I thought you would want to know: they make corn ice cream in Brazil.

March 21, 2012 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home