10.05.2006

October = Irish Twins Month!


For some time now, I have had a younger sister named Sara. It is widely known that we are bosom buddies, sisters, and almost twins! I love Sara like I love chocolate. Correction -- I love chocolate like I love Sara. Although we are only Irish Twins, we are the same age for a couple of days, look somewhat alike, enjoy the same movies and music, spend as much time together as possible when possible, finish each others sentences, have our own language, love to do impressions of others, long for a double wedding, the list goes on and on.

When we're not standing in the same room, Sara and I communicate via phone and email. If you randomly visited my blog, then you don't know that Sara lives in Georgia and I live in New York. Although we don't reside in the same city, our minds are always in the same place. Recently "we" had an idea for our blogs. We emailed each other back and forth to solidify the idea and this is the exact dialogue that occurred:

Lexi's E-Mail to Sara, July 18th, 2:04 p.m.:
Maybe you could write [a post] sometime if you want to. It doesn't have to be for this theme. I'm thinking of devoting a month to my future kids. You could write a great post then. You know what, though, I kind of want to keep talking about this subject because the end of the month is approaching and I don't feel finished yet. Maybe I'll extend it.

I've thought about us having a post together. Or, having you post comments
on my blog a lot -- a sisters theme. Maybe we could do Sisters one month.


Sara's E-Mail to Lexi, 6:12 p.m.:

In order to drive traffic to both of our blogs, we should capitalize on this sisters theme. Here's how I see it: We pick a topic, and without talking about it, you post your thoughts on your blog, and then link to mine. I'll do the same. Like this:

Lexi and Sara on (Bees):

Bees are really cool. I like bees a lot. Sometimes they're a little bit scary, though, because they sting you. It hurts. Apparently I really like bees because when I was little, I wore a bumble bee swimsuit.

Now read Lexi's thoughts. (The words "Lexi's thoughts" would link to your post.)

See? Then you would do the same thing, but have a link to my blog. It's really a great idea, and I'm glad you included me!

Love you.
Love,
Me.

P.S. I'm havin' a thought. Maybe we should come up with themes in the next couple of weeks, and then August can be the Sisters theme. Or maybe we can just do it whenever we want. We could even do a future husband one for this month. Won't it be so interesting to see how different our posts are? People will love yours more, probably. :(


Lexi's E-Mail to Sara, 6:43 p.m.:
YOU'VE DONE IT!!! You resolved my issue. You see, my initial thought was
to put both posts on one page (to compare and contrast of course). But this
would either have to make my blog have both posts and yours have nothing, or
both of our blogs posting the same two posts. The latter is just reduntant
and not interactive. So, by clicking a link to your blog, YOU get traffic
and I (also capitalized for stress, but I couldn't double capitalize an
already capitalized letter) get traffic. HURRAH!!!

Maybe these emails could be posted as a way to explain to our viewers how
such brilliant thoughts develop. It could be like a study for pyschologists
to unravel the innerworkings of genius minds! Yes, I wrote that last
paragraph knowing it might go on my blog...but not the first one.

So, what should our first subject bee? How 'bout what you look like in that
swimsuit?
:o)
Lex

So that's how this month is goin' down, readers. We have a fun-filled month planned for you and hope you enjoy it. We even wrote our plans on the lid of a Long John Silver's to-go box. Man, I love those hush puppies.

The following photos are some of our first moments as sisters:


Here's what I looked like going to the city pool everyday.


And here's what Sara looked like.


Not a happy camper.


BEE-A-Utiful!!!

Check out Sara's Blog to read her intro for the month.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacki said...

I don't know who makes the cuter swimmer... I love the way Sara looks like a bee and I LOVE the way Lexi looks like a lobster!

October 05, 2006 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun topic...in theory. I hope you both can pull it off and make it as fun for us to read as it is for you guys to write 'em.

Have a great day.

Signed,
Debbie Downer

October 06, 2006 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home