10.31.2006

An Irish Twin Dictionary



So to conclude our Irish Twin month, Sara and I decided to create a dictionary of terms, phrases, things that our other half enjoys. Sorry guys that we weren't "on top of things," that we "dropped the ball," that we "forgot to write posts," that we had "other things going on in our lives so our Irish Twin month posts weren't as fun for you to read," or that we "don't brush our teeth." :o) I miss Chris. Anyway, We did have a lot planned for you, but that will just have to wait 'til next October. I know you're just dying to hear more.

A sweet spirit - the kind Sara has

Baking - Sara's favorite activity.

Cats - Sara and I love our cat Lucky. Sara and my dad found her at a dumpster and brought her home in 1994. So thanks Sara, you found the only animal I care about!

Engagement Ring - Men, she does not want one. Please get her a professional grade KitchenAid mixer (color: Stainless steel)

"F" word - has never come out of Sara's mouth. Never.

"It's gettin' hot in herrrr..." - a frequent song Sara sings to me in hopes of making me laugh. And laugh I do!

KitchenAid Mixer - see "Engagement Ring"

Lexia - Come on, what else would it be for? It's my blog!

Michaelangelo - one of Sara's favorite sculptors

Pink Balloons - My first birthday in New York (and my first birthday without my twin) Sara sent me 50 pink balloons and had them delivered by a stranger to my apartment.

QuickTrip - At 11 and 12, Sara and I used to walk along a highway in Oklahoma to go to Quicktrip for candy. I remember that gas used to cost $.82 a gallon then.

Strokes, the - Sara's favorite concerts to go to, with me anyway. She also won a free set of Strokes tickets (as did I - yet another chance thing that makes us so similar)!

Tall and skinney - the way Sara likes her men

Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies - Sara's are the bomb-diggity, ya'll (and they come in various heart-shaped sizes).

Word on the street - is that Jimmy Fallon is ALSO an Irish Twin (okay that one was for me)

X, as in Mr. X - Growing up, Sara and I always loved the letter people. We had this Letter People activity kit which included records of each letter's song, a cool book with a Supersonic Mr. S glowing pen, and some other stuff. We always hated a few of the Letter People's songs and one of them was Mr. X (if I remember correctly) and Quiet Mr. Q.

Yelling
- Sara used to yell and scream so much as a child. Most people probably would never guess that about her. She used to stomp upstairs when she was mad and slam the door shut to her/our room. When she was three, she used to say/yell "I'm not gonna scream no more. I'm not gonna scream no more!"

Zoologist
- something Sara has not ever wanted to be; however, she was a pre-med major so science is something she lives for.


Look into my eyes...


Partners in crime


Just hangin' around

This month's posts were fun for Sara and me and we tried to make it interesting for more people than just us. We hoped you guys would share in your brother/sister experiences growing up. Alas, you did not. So thanks for tuning in anyway. Sorry about the delay in posts. We love you readers and wish we were Irish Twins with you too (sort of, not really)!

Read Sara's dictionary of moi

Photos provided by MacDuff

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I love that you just picked the letters you wanted to do. Where's D? And G? And the rest of them?

D: Dang, I'm glad I live with a person that likes to bake.

G: "Georgia Peach" :) (though she still claims Oklahoma. Boo.)

Yeah, okay, I get it. This takes a while.

November 10, 2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Aw, shucks -- outdone again! Now I want to go back and add a few more to yours. But I guess I would only be cheating myself . . . So I'll just add some in the comment box. :)

By the way, I think I only sent you 23 balloons because that's how old you were turning that day.

November 10, 2006 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both of your dresses.

November 14, 2006 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skinny has no "e".

December 27, 2006 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home