9.09.2006

Tapes'n Tapes'n Tapes'n Tapes...


Sometimes I find a song that I love intensely for months straight. Not in a dissimilar fashion to the way that I crush on boys. The process goes a little something like this: hear it/see him, interest peaks, notice every detail, love it, can't get enough of it, with me at all times, then lastly another new song/boy enters and the process is repeated. It's a viscious cycle. However, it's important to note that I never discard! When I like something, I like it forever -- I'm classic in that respect, or I just have timeless taste.

I can remember some of the earlier songs I was intensely addicted to:
- Rocky Soundtrack: "Gonna Fly Now" (I wore this record OUT dancin' to it on my yellow record player. And let me just say that "Philadelphia Morning" is still da bomb, folks)
- C + C Music Factory: "Gonna Make You Sweat/Everybody Dance Now" (this was the first tape I ever bought)
- Siouxsie and the Banshees: "Peek-A-Boo"
- L.L. Cool J: "Momma Said Knock You Out"
- Abba: "Dancing Queen"
- U2: "All I Want Is You" ("Rattle and Hum" was the first CD I ever bought -- like I said people, I don't waste my money, hearing, or kisses)
- Nirvana: "Where Did You Sleep Last Night"
- Silverchair: "Tomorrow"
- Blur: "Song 2"
- Elastica: "Connection"
- Pink Floyd: The entire album "Dark Side of The Moon"
- Debussy: "Suite Bergamasque: Claire de lune"
- Led Zepplin: "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do"
- The Strokes: My favorite off the new album is "Ize of the World" (okay and "You Only Live Once")
- Vince Guaraldi Trio: "Christmas Time Is Here"

While I still love "Promiscuous Boy," by good ole Nelly, I can't get enough of the Tapes'n Tapes song "50s Parking." I just can't sit still when I listen to it and I always smile when I hear it. I like to imagine he's singing it to me or that I'm singing it to someone else.

I love the way he sings this line:
I'll put my hazards on, it's done quite easily...

But especially these ones:
Long, cold walks,
Don't compare to bare,
In parking lots,
At night.
Well we watched the moon in true,
On the moves too bold for noon.
I think I'm making my move.
I think I'm making my move.

I think I'm making my move on Tapes 'n Tapes! There's nothing sweeter than cute boys in a band -- gets me every time. Silly Tapes'n Tapes. They just wouldn't be the same if they were CDs 'n CDs or MP3s 'n MP3s, now would they? Seriously, this song should be on your next make-out compilation.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They ARE pretty boys.

Boys in bands... I've tried to figure out the appeal more than once, and I just don't understand why they're so darn attractive. But they are. And nothing's gonna change that.

September 14, 2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Cute Boy + Rockin' Band = Magic Man

September 14, 2006 2:09 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Next make-out compilation, huh? Sometimes the lyrics in your "make-out" songs go a little further than making-out . . .

But it's true -- those guys are cute. Every single guy I've dated has been in a band. Let's see . . . First it was a bassist, then a singer/guitarist/bassist/drummer, then a guitarist, then a singer/guitarist/bassist/drummer/pianist/mandolin-ist.

Man. I hope I find another one of those guys, but one who's a mormon and really nice and respectful and intelligent. ???

September 14, 2006 2:20 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

The best though, are the boys who aren't really cute until they're in a band. I definitely think the Tapes n' Tapes boys fall into this category. Great band...Talented musicians just have that certain appeal...

September 15, 2006 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home