8.03.2006

I Could Inherit Millions From Repatriated Money!

I recently received this urgent email that somehow got sent to my junk mail folder. I should probably clarify that most people's emails get sent to my junk mail, but whatever. If you don't want to read through the entire letter, just skip to the section in bold typeface.
Dearest Snow,

I am Mr.Eric Morgan,a branch supervisor with banque International de L' Afrique De L' Ouest, I am the personal Account Manager to the late Engineer Smith B.Snow who is a National of your country, who used to work with an oil servicing company in Cote D'Ivoire. Here in after shall be referred to as my client On April 21, 2002, my client, his wife, and their three children were involved in a car accident along Grand Bassam express way.

All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives.Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended Relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his last name over the internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. I am contacting you to assist in repatriating the money and property left behind by my client before they Get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged, particularly the BIAO COTE D'IVOIRE. Where the deceased had an account Valued at about ($14 million US dollars) has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin Or have the account confiscated within the next ten official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 4 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at ($14 million US dollars) can be paid to you and then you and I Can share the money.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.


Call me on my Private Phone number Tel: [personal information has been deleted for privacy]
I wait to hear from you asap.

Best regards
Mr.Eric Morgan

Interesting, no? Well I think this letter I received a few weeks later makes it even more intriguing. Again, you can skip down to the bold typface (or skip back up to the first letter's bold section, you'll see)
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Mr. Tom Phils a Banker with Spring Bank Plc, here in Nigeria. I am an account Officer to the late Mr. Scott, from your country, who used to work with Shell Oil Development Company in Nigeria. My late client had an account with my Bank valued $5.500,000.00 (five million five hundred thousand dollars). [I'm glad they clarified the amount in text because otherwise I might have thought it was less]

On the 2nd of Feb.2003, my client, his wife and their two children were involved in the Lagos, Ikeja Bomb Blast, which most of the occupants lost their lives.

PLEASE VIEW THIS WEBSITE BELOW TO CONFIRM:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2718295.stm

Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the money before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.


Please get in touch with me immediately with the following information stated below, as I do not have much time at my disposal.

1. Your full name and address.
2. Your place and date of birth.
3. Your occupation.
4. Your direct telephone/fax number.
I will await your soonest reply.

Best Regards,
Mr. Tom Phils.

My rich relatives Smith B. Snow and Scott Snow were living dangerous lives in Nigeria. Do you think I should put Mr. Tom Phils in touch with Mr. Eric Morgan? Apparently they don't know about eachother, but it may help speed up each case. Maybe there is a connection we don't know about. Also, is it funny that these Nigerian bankers have such English names? Something feels fishy; I just can't put my finger on it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once had a co-worker that had a relative in Nigeria also. What are the chances of that? Things didn't really work out. She ended up losing quite a bit of money...on credit cards I might add.

August 03, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Bilaeva said...

Our friend Mike went to Nigeria on business and he had to bribe his way out of the airport. He had to hand over a ton of cash, but what really sealed the deal was his Texas Instruments calculator!

August 03, 2006 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no you don't, Lexia! That money is MINE!

August 03, 2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

After 4 long years of searching, they finally decided to use a new-fangled electronic device called a com-pu-ter and just type in the name "snow" on something called the in-ter-net. Hmmm . . .

August 03, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Oh crap that's a trick? Fell for another one!

August 06, 2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Look what I just found:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp

August 16, 2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home