7.31.2006

I'll Have a Cheeseburger with Lettuce, Tomato, Onions, and Hold the Future Husband

It's sad but true. July is ending, which means I will no longer devote an entire 31 days to my future husband -- at least for a little while anyway. Just think, you guys, it was so much fun, and at times controversial, to discuss my future husband. I hope you were thinking about your future spouse while criticizing, I mean observing my longing desire to meet my future husband. Won't it be fun when I do get married and then we can all compare and contrast this little moment in time? Oh, how we'll laugh and frolic in fields of tulips while singing songs of yesteryear!

Don't worry though about never hearing about my future spouse again. Anyone I date is a potential spouse so... HA! HA! Don't worry, potential dates, I won't blog about you (too much). Like I've alluded to before, I'm not that great at recovery or any 12 step process, so I'm sure there will be another outburst -- there will be more posts about Him, I promise!

In the mean time, there are myriad themes approaching for my blog. The month of August will probably end up being more-or-less an update for everyone on what's going on in my life, what I've been thinking about, and of course a few surprises. No, I'm not engaged. :o) So, to close the chapter of July I've decide to write a letter to my dearest future husband and keep it in this 2006 online time capsule we call a blog:

Dear Future Husband (Fu-Fu),
It is 2006 and I miss you. I can't wait 'til we see eachother again (because we probably knew eachother in the pre-existance so I'm allowed to say "again"). I miss your soft dark (fingers-crossed) hair. Do you remember the time we laughed so hard that my gum fell in your hair and we had to cut it? Probably not because it didn't happen. Anyway, I can't wait to start my life with you and for our crazy families to be united for eternity. I can't wait 'til we have our first Jimmy Jr. (I'm having a Jimmy Jr. even if I marry a Thomas). I can't wait 'til you return so we can go to the park and have picnics, enjoy a hot air balloon ride, talk about how we're unsure if Tupac is really dead (or discuss the nature of God), and dance and sing Christmas songs at the top of our lungs (Christmas music is too good to be played only once a year)! Won't that be fun? I'm sure you'll miss me too once you meet me.
Love,
Your Future Wife

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

What? Gum stuck in hair? I know that's something I fantasize about ALL of the time.

I enjoyed all of your July posts. It's been fun. Especially the "controversial" posts.

I think you should dedicate the month of August to HOW you're gonna find this Future Husband of yours.

July 31, 2006 2:11 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hey, um, do you remember. . . Do you remember when you said the love you take is equal to the love you make? Do you . . . Do you remember that?

Is that true?

July 31, 2006 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How sad and bad and mad it was - / But then, how it was sweet!"

July 31, 2006 2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true about Christmas songs, So true.

August 04, 2006 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home