7.05.2006

Couples My Future Husband and I Will Naturally Emulate:


Charles and Ray Eames (art couple)
These two people are pretty much my favorite twentieth century artists -- and they just so happened to be married to each other. Check out the Library of Congress' site about them.



Jeffrey and Patricia Holland
To Mormons, Jeffrey R. Holland is a modern-day apostle. He and his wife give the best spiritual talks. My favorites are: The Will of the Father In All Things, Who We Are and What God Expects, and An High Priest of Good Things to Come (this last one is a tear jerker, folks). You can find their talks on the BYU Broadcasting site by typing "Jeffrey R. Holland" in the search menu. A list of his talks in different audio formats will appear.



Mates of State (music couple)
Jason and Kori are the cutest people alive (next to my nieces)! You MUST WATCH their music videos on their site to understand the cuteness factor. Note that they are playing in New York July 6, 2006.



The Huxtables (television couple)
Although these two are not a real-life couple, they sure fooled me at the tender age of ten.



The Jetsons (animated couple)
Not only are these two not a real couple, they are obviously not even human. However, Mrs. Jetson always looked so pretty and they were so technologically savvy. I mean, they had a flying car! Okay, maybe I just want our home to emulate their home.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Lexi, I think this is your most creative post to date. I liked it a lot. You listed some good couples. I would add the following couple to the list, though: Steven and Elyse Keaton of "Family Ties." Actually, what I really want is to marry Alex P. Keaton. :)
-

July 06, 2006 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this month's theme. These posts are amazingly fun to read and respond to.

I guess I'll chime in too: I really want to be like Harry & Sally from "When Harry Met Sally..." They're both imperfect people and they are hugely different but they learn to love one another and build their relationship on a real friendship, rather than just lust or similarities. My other favourites are Morticia and Gomez Addams; they are so passionate and perverse that I can't help but relate to and admire them.

July 06, 2006 3:14 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

I thought of the Keatons but opted for the Huxtables. I couldn't put two t.v. couples from the same era. Plus, I would be their in-law when I marry Alex. Yes, present tense.

The Addams was such a good choice -- I should have thought of that.

July 06, 2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I didn't even know of Mates of State--no kidding, they're cute!!

July 06, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

I didn't realize Patricia Holland was so sexy.

July 07, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

No Brooks and Jacki huh? Well I guess we are not famous... yet!

July 13, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 15, 2006 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home