11.28.2006

My Apologies...

Sorry guys (and girls), but "The World As I See It" has been feeling a little under the weather lately. You see, it's master - me - is sort of going through a mid twenties crisis and hasn't been putting the energy into blogging. Maybe I'll blog about this post-graduating "what now?" syndrome in the future. Actually it's a lot more than just that, but like I said, I'll write about it soon. In the mean time, I'm keeping things updated old school style in my paper journal. So, I won't forget anything. Oh, and not to mention, my year-long free internet ride has come to an end. Alas, the 04Z40912...connection I've been bumming off of now requires a password. So long free internet! You were good to me and my budget. On a more positive note, here are a few things I've been up to:

1. I had my second go-around at pumpkin pie making and this time they turned out even better than the first! Reghan said the crust was flaky and her dad mentioned it was the best pumpkin pie he's ever had. YESSSSS!!! Can bake pumpkin pie - check.

2. I've been compiling things to blog about, but just haven't uploaded them yet.

3. I'm considering the possibility of leaving New York. CONSIDERING!

4. Switched to Dove soap. This is a temp. to perm. decision, so we'll see what happens.

5. Ordered my own internet connection which will be activated on December 1st!

6. Found corn flavored ice-cream. I haven't tried it yet, but will review it soon.

7. Lastly, I took out the innards of a turkey for the first time and broke off its neck with my bare hands. Shortly thereafter, I felt as if I could perform open heart surgery and decided to attend medical school (or be in a movie where I play a doctor). Scalpel.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the change to Dove soap come about?

Oh and where were you considering to move, if you decided to leave New York?

November 29, 2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

NO! Take #3 back. Just TAKE IT BACK!!! I say you go to med school, up in New York. Hey what's another 8 years and $100,000 more debt?

November 29, 2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I have some things to say:

1. I don't think I like Dove soap. Or maybe it's Ivory; I can't remember. At any rate, I'm switching to Dove shampoo and conditioner. I thought that if that last Dove conditioner could be so good, the other Dove products are probably good, too.

2. You took out the innards of a turkey, and now you think you can become a surgeon, huh? I can see it now: It's your med. school interview. One interviewer asks, "So, Miss Snow, why do you want to be a doctor?" "Welll, I took out the innards of a turkey once, and I also broke it's neck. I was really good at it, and if that's not surgery, I don't know what is."

Seriously, though, I took out the innards once and dissected them. Did you do THAT?

November 29, 2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger Blake said...

"It's master - me - is sort of going through a mid twenties crisis."

C'mon, Lex. Push that off 'till at least your forties. Very few, if any, know what they're doing in life, so just fake it 'till you make it.

The world is your oyster. You should open it with sword.

November 29, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Lindsey,
Like Sara, I decided that Dove's conditioner was amazing so maybe I should try their soap. I must say that it really is moisturizing. My skin isn't as dry. I don't know how I feel about it yet. I still have to try Lever 2000's new "energize" scent. It smells wicked good.

Blake,
If one could push off a crisis for a later date, I'm sure one would do so. However, I don't know if that is possible. I'll try, though, and let you know how it goes.

And to the rest of you,
I said CONSIDERING leaving New York! I've thought about California, Chicago, Washington D.C. (only 'cause NPR is there), and Seattle. Really though, I would/will go where I feel good about going.

December 03, 2006 12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Dove soap. If not for that wonderful soap I would no longer have had hands after my time in California.

I was planning to leave NYC this summer, but things sort of spiralled out of control.

California = bad. Chicago = good. Washington, D.C. = good...sometimes. Seattle = good.

I had the same experience with fish and chickens. After you kill an animal you somehow feel closer to animals, death and nature in general.

December 27, 2006 3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome comments! What brilliant friends you have, Lex. Nice creative thinking and writing which you could use at a "real job" Love MOM

January 20, 2007 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home