4.11.2007

Tapes 'N Tapes at it again inside my heart!

I'm so excited to see Tapes 'N Tapes in concert at Irving Plaza Friday May 18th 2007! Let me just say that "Insistor" is my favorite song to jump rope to at the moment. Oh, I've decided to start jump-roping. I picked up a few pounds this winter - okay 10! I think these non FDA approved Swedish bars my mom gave me are actually making me gain weight instead of losing it. Sara, what movie is that last sentence a reference to (everyone feel free to participate)? Back to Tapes 'N Tapes: what other band could get away with screaming as filler for lyrics? I can think of no other band. I would also highly recommend listening to "Cowbell." My favorite line in the song is "I've been a better lover with your mother." Those silly boys are always at it with their witty lyrics. To slow things down, check out "Omaha" - O ma gosh it's good. Do you think Tapes 'N Tapes sell their new album "The Loon" on tape? Ha! Ha!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Please -- what movie is that line from? Do you really have to ask? "Mean Girls." Easy. NEXT!

Other bands can definitely get away with screaming for lyrics. Mostly what comes to mind is Led Zeppelin. Or Soundgarden. Pink Floyd. We could probably find more, but I'm stopping here. I'll go check out Tapes 'n' Tapes, though. Because you said so.

April 12, 2007 12:25 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I know, even I knew that movie reference.

I'll second Sara's bands and add that all grunge bands are pretty darn good at screaming. C'mon, Eddie Vedder?

But if you want to send me a copy of the new Tapes 'N Tapes album, I will accept it. I'm sure some kind of barter can be made. Seriously. Have the new Shins?

April 12, 2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

I'm so so jealous. They're coming here and I was all pumped about it until I realized I'd be in Italy when they're here. -sigh-
At least I'll be in Italy.
I love them most because they have a song with "kelly" in it. Those are few and far between.

April 12, 2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

You people are getting the screaming reference all wrong. It's not that they scream the lyrics (or draw them out into noise like Eddie Vedder does), it's that they just scream. I'm sure there's some death metal or emo rock band that screams - but not in a good way like Tapes 'N Tapes.

I don't own the cd (and haven't heard all of the songs yet). Come to think of it, I haven't bought a new cd since The Strokes.

Side note: I'm jealous of you, Kelly - Italy kills Tapes 'N Tapes.

April 12, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

I'm sueing Tapes N Tapes for their title The Loon...I already made a movie with that title.

Crap I forgot to TRADEMARK !!!

April 25, 2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger Sokphal said...

I found you Lexia! I love this blog. Can I be your fan #758,949,393?

May 07, 2007 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home