6.12.2007

Magically Delicious

This is what I ate for lunch today:
-Edamame
-Shisito Peppers with Miso and Eggplant Chips
-Shisito Peppers with Sea Salt
-Monkfish Pate with Caviar
-Toro, Salmon, and Yellowtail Tartare
-Ceviche
-Sashimi Salad with Matsuhisa Dressing
-Tuna Tataki with Ponzu
-Fresh Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno
-New Style Striped Sea Bass and Salmon Sashimi
-Tiradito/Fresh Fluke Sashimi
-Rock Shrimp tempura with Ponzu Sauce
-Rock Shrimp tempura with Creamy Spicy Sauce
-Squid "Pasta" with Garlic Sauce
-Chilean Sea Bass with Black Bean Sauce
-Miso Black Cod wrapped in Butter Lettuce
-Eggplant with Miso
-Tofu
-Spicy Tuna Roll
-Salmon Skin Roll
-House Roll

I kid you not. So I ate at Nobu in Tribeca today to "learn" more about the menu. Let me share with you what I learned. Rock Shrimp with Ponzu Sauce KILLS Rock Shrimp with Creamy Spicy Sauce. As far as sashimi goes, I prefer New Style to the Yellowtail with Jalapeno because it has a richer flavor (what with the garlic puree, julienned ginger, sesame seeds, chives, and Yuzo Soy). Of all the food we ordered, the Squid Pasta was surprisingly one of my favorites. It has this buttery, meaty, flavor - and I actually didn't mind eating the squid because it really does taste similar to pasta! I also decided that I prefer eating the Miso Black Cod on Butter Lettuce than alone. Lastly, there was this small, round, reddish fruit that accompanied the Tartare. When I placed this japanese fruit on my tongue, my taste-buds didn't know what to do! It was a completely new flavor to my mouth (and nose I suppose). Eating lunch today was such a fun experience. Even after eating my Mint Oreo's hours later, I can still taste the Nobu goodness lingering in my mouth. Mmm...raw fish and Mint Oreo's. The best part about it was that the bill ended up being $692 and I paid $0!!! Chef Nobu-san really knows his stuff. I'm going to make a prediction that Nobu will be a big hit. Mark my words. You heard it here first. :o)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Yay! I haven't even read any of these posts yet, but I'm so excited that you've posted something again. Yay!

June 12, 2007 8:51 PM  
Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

You are wrong - yellowtail with jalapeno is SLAMMIN!!!!

June 15, 2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Frey said...

Sounds like a hit to me. $0? Talk about your super value meal! I've decided I prefer eating the mint Oreo alone rather than with fish.

Are you going to tell us how you became a professional taster? I assume that it requires some skill that most of us don't have. Like being able to eat an entire menu at one sitting.

June 18, 2007 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home