7.06.2007

Things My Future Children's Father Will Do

I read an article on MSN.com entitled Book of the Dad: Thirty-five simple rules for surviving the toughest 18 years of your life. It basically lists 35 things you can do to be a good father (and indirectly husband). More specifically it briefly shares what and how to teach your kids the things they should know at various stages in their lives. Of course they didn't include everything, are skimming over a lot of material, and express a few things I disagree with a little. In general, though, I think it's a good start for men and women who don't know what to do with kids, are nervous about rearing their own children, don't know what to do as a parent, or are just looking for some suggestions on being a good parent (future parent in my case). I like to hear all the advice I can get on child development because I know it's an area where I need to improve greatly.

Reading this article made me curious to know what single men think about fatherhood/husbandhood. How much do you men think about having kids and a wife? Is it something most of you have wanted your entire life? Does it scare you to think about being a dad/husband? What additions would you include on the list? I hope you will give me your input and share any other insight you have on this subject. Women, please feel free to answer the same questions or pose your own. Go!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

Um, kids scare the crap out of me...marriage does not.

July 11, 2007 11:22 AM  
Blogger jet said...

My question is how many kids does your future husband want? And...how did his perfect proposal happen?

July 12, 2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Nice Article. WELL you can take me off the DEAD BLOG LIST> I posted tonight about how to teach BAbies to Coo. SEE babyauthority.blogspot.com
MOM SNOW hahahahahahahfinally remembered my blog username. BUT I have two.

July 14, 2007 2:33 AM  
Blogger Brigham said...

Future husband month places a lot of pressure on future husbands.

July 16, 2007 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home