6.18.2007

My New Favorite Thing To Eat and Some Other Weird Things About Me

Walnut pancakes. All that is required is Bisquick pancake mix (and ONLY Bisquick will do, because it's the Roles Royce of pancake mixes), and chopped walnuts. don't forget when adding the walnuts to just sprinkle them on top of each individual pancake while frying for a more even distribution. For a variation on the walnut pancake, add sliced bananas.

As far as syrup goes, I'm partial to Mrs. Butterworth's or Hungry Jack. Perhaps I'll do a taste test of syrups. I like to do my own searches for the best things according to my tastes. I frequently do this with toothpaste. Which do I prefer most: Colgate, Crest, Aquafresh, Arm & Hammer? I like each one for various reasons. It's the worst, though, when I've mentally scratched one off the list and then when I'm standing in front of the toothpaste isle, I invariably forget which one it is that I dislike.

At the moment, I'm shopping around for a few new things. Detergent being one of them because Surf is letting me down big time. I'm using Arm & Hammer "Clean Burst" and I suppose it's doin' the job alright. I'm also trying to find a perfume scent that suits me; even though I've never really been a perfume-wearing kind of girl. Most scents I find irritating to my hyper-sensitive nose. I know that I enjoy scents with eucalyptus or heather moss. I don't like rosey-flowery-powdery scents. So I can rule those out. It's a difficult task finding a perfume.

Also on the search agenda is to find a cute young man (men) to spend the summer-time with. That's probably the most difficult search of all to find. How do you/I find the best one for your/my tastes? Tricky. Perhaps I'll save this search topic for the month of July - my blog's annual Future Husband Month.

Oh, and self-tanner. That's another current search of mine. Which one looks the least orange on my skin.

Oh, and a job. I think finding a good job is more difficult than finding a good man.

Err... so let me know what you think of the pancakes and any of the above mentioned products/boys you would recommend I try.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Frey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 18, 2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I am also looking for a new detergent. I have been using Arm & Hammer Clean Burst as well, but it just doesn't leave that so fresh and so clean smell on my clothes like Surf used to. So now I'm trying Tide. I forget which scent it is . . .

As far as perfumes go, I'm about to post something on this. I'd suggest trying Hugo for Women. Although that might be too girly for you. If, however, you'd like a free gargantuan bottle of Marc Jacobs Rain, let me know; I'll send you mine.

Hm. What else? Oh -- boys to try. I think you should definitely go for RMs. I never really cared much for them until about 2 or 3 years ago, but I'll never turn back.

June 18, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Frey,
I tried sending you an email, but then I would have to sign up with a mac account and I don't want to do that. Just go to LDS Linkup and send me a note, then I'll send you my email. Or you could just post the pictures on your blog. I find that pictures are a nice addition to text.

Sara,
I'm going to try that perfume, so hold on to it before you put it on ebay. I'm also going to try the RM thing. I'll let you know how that goes.

June 18, 2007 11:54 PM  
Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

All detergent...works and smells delish. Plus it is affordable and can be found at 99cent stores.

June 19, 2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Try the Murad Self Tanner. I can send you some to try if you want me too. It makes my skin perfectly tan. My only complaint is that it smells funny, but my sister Jenna thinks it smells good.

June 22, 2007 12:17 AM  
Blogger Frey said...

Find a good guy with a good job and then you're done. How's that for sexist? Wait I can top it. Then you'll have your own good job in taking care of him! Relax I'm just kidding.

The pancakes were scrumptious! I was a little dubious but now I don't think pancakes should be made without walnuts. I don't make them very often anyway so they might as well be a treat.

Keep up the experimenting!

June 25, 2007 10:22 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Awesome! I think I have a special gift for recommending great things. I also think I'm humble. :o)

June 25, 2007 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home