11.01.2007

Halloween 2007 (or The Best Rubik's Cube Costume Ever!)


I didn't dress up for Halloween last year and felt awful about it - just awful. So this year I decided to make a great costume; perhaps the best Halloween costume I've ever made. I had thought about being a Robert Palmer girl, but didn't have a Robert Palmer boy by my side (not to mention 9 other girls), so I scratched that idea. After much brainstorming, I decided to be a Rubik's cube! It took me many hours to make this costume; so many, that I only made it for the last 10 minutes of the the church dance on Saturday. It was totally worth it though, because on the way there, many people shouted that they liked my costume. I heard this statement a lot, "Hey, Rubik's cube!" I also heard this from about 10 guys: "I can't ever figure you out," "I can never solve you," or "you're so complicated." How did so many strange boys know I'm such a complicated girl? :o)


Me in the church gymnasium


Reghan was dressed as James Taylor (not Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall). She was the spittin' image of him. I find it interesting that while most girls dress as something sexy and revealing for Halloween, Reghan wore a mustache. I think that says something about her character.


Reghan Taylor and me


Somebunny special


A walking Rubik's cube


This photo is just silly. Notice Mim (if you can), and Francesco's glare.


This is what being inside a 26" Rubik's cube looks like.


Reghan and an Apple walking in the West Village Halloween Parade.


Reghan and Nick walking behind a creepy zombie in the parade.


Frida - or Amber as most of us know her.


Me in the parade


More evidence of our being in a parade.


By the end of the night I was no longer a Rubik's cube; rather a Rubik's hexagon.

I think next year I'll be Gumby.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

You looked great, Lex! I'm so jealous of my gorgeous sister! ;)

The other costume I like in the parade is the Frida Kahlo (spelling?) one. That's great.

November 03, 2007 10:39 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I really, really love the Rubik's Cube. Really, really.

And I cannot get over the resemblance between Reghan and Baby James. Unbelievable. I've never been so attracted to Reghan. Ever. :)

November 04, 2007 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I was wondering if you got a good night kiss from anyone, but then I saw the indentation that turned you into a hexagon. Uh-huh. By the way, I was the one who dressed Sara in the punk outfit above. I miss and love you! Love, Summer

November 04, 2007 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home