6.19.2009

Favorite Christmas Presents of 2008


I know this is really late, but one of my favorite Christmas presents of 2009 is this cadmium yellow tea set that my mom got me. One day we were at the mall in Georgia and my mom wanted to go into Teavana, a store that sells all things tea related. I thought, "BORING!" However, I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in to see this eye-catching bright yellow tea set with gold accents. It stood out among all the rest. I walked over to it immediately because it was so striking. I looked at it and proceeded to contemplate on seriously wanting this item for Christmas. Here was my thought process:

"wow, I really like this tea set. I like the yellow, even though it's paired with gold. I think gold and yellow are a good combination these days, whereas in the 90s I used to think it clashed. I really like the shape of the teapot and the size of the cups. And these saucers are so adorable. I could nicely display this on the seven white Ikea Billy Bookcases I want to buy. Even though I'm not one of those people to 'display' a lot of things on my shelf, because I live in New York and don't have space to do so, but if I did, this is something I would want to display. And if I had it on display, it would be easier to use instead of pulling it out from under my bed, which probably means I won't use it, so I must get those Billy Bookcases to go with my tea set. Oh, man, it's a box set so you can't buy more cups and saucers separately? That means I can only invite three people to my tea party - half of which will be roommates. Should I buy another box set of them so I can have more matching cups? I guess I could always keep another tea pot on hand in case this one ever broke - like when I have kids or something. Man, I'm really starting to think about the whole marriage and mom thing lately. Am I really ready for that? I don't know, but I do know that I want this tea set for Christmas."

That was my logic. Anyway, I have yet to purchase the Ikea bookcases, but I'm sure that's my next purchase. In the mean time, I'm happy with my little yellow tea set and can't wait to have a tea party with some girls and air out my white table cloth, bake a round cake and put it on an actual cake stand, eat vegetables and other assorted finger foods such as croissants stuffed with chicken and grapes. It's gonna be so fun.

In case you're wondering, I've only found this tea set through Teavana (it's called "Noble Poppy Bone China Tea Set") it must be made exclusively for them. I've already checked to see if you can buy the cups separately elsewhere and haven't found that you can...yet.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

(You mean Christmas 2008? Or has she already given you your presents for 2009? I mean, it is you Snows -- nothing's out of the realm of possibility.)

I want to have a tea party with you! I'll make scones!

June 19, 2009 3:27 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

hahahahahah I KNEW you needed that tea set. Those are the things I buy, so I can't shop because I ALWAYS FIND something that draws me in. Crazy marketing people. Teasing you with things you CAN really live without, but which make our homes sweeter to serve with something we enjoy looking at! Love YOU LEX I am glad you have the 2008 tea set. Yes, Lauren, nothing is impossible for the SNOW"S We do our own thing WHENEVER!!! Mom Snow

June 20, 2009 7:00 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

OH I was going to ask you why you have not (or maybe you have)taken pics of the kids you babysit. Maybe there is a safety feature to not posting them. But you do take good pics of children. I would like to see them in my email. Love MOM YOU NANNY YOU!

June 24, 2009 1:12 AM  
Blogger jet said...

Who knew a simple tea pot could induce such deep questions about life? (Love it)! :)

June 29, 2009 11:55 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST AGAIN! You haven't fallen off the blogging waggon have you? Like I have. hahahahah MOM

July 05, 2009 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Summer said...

You can have a tea party for three with Lily and Macy. They would love it-especially if it was a root beer tea party.

July 11, 2009 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home