10.26.2006

If You Love Me, You'll Do What I Say.


"Personal Best"
2006

Hey guys (and girls). I have to interrupt my Irish Twin Month blogcast in order to bring you this special late-breaking news.

A video a friend and I made got accepted into the Paste Magazine "Rock 'n Reel Festival." I have to blog about it in order to force you guys to vote for it. I know, lame. Why can't they just pick the winner themselves? What, do they think this is a democracy or something? Heh, heh.

So here's the deal. Watch the Google version above, then rate the video here on Paste Magazine's website. You can view the short film on their site as well, but I wouldn't recommend it because the sound isn't in sync and it gets cut off (not to mention you have to download DivX to your computer). I suppose you could go to their site and view the other videos that are nominated and vote for one of them. If that's the case: you are dead to me. :o)

Thanks guys (and girls)!

Now back to my regularly scheduled Irish Twin Month stories.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.
I have always loved this video and sent an email to all my friends asking them to watch, vote, and forward it to their friends. Anyway-I'm glad you got the video turned in Lexia. Good Luck!

October 26, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

And they shall know you by the trail of your awesome videos...

October 26, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ahem. I would like to just add that your friend Lauren is the one that a.) told you about the festival, and b.) told you that your video is up on the website.

Had to snag a little of the credit... :)

I'll be able to say, "I knew her when..."

October 26, 2006 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you get if you win?

P.S. I voted for you.

October 27, 2006 12:28 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love that video!!

ps it's jo.

October 27, 2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger Brigham said...

Why is the star always last to know about this stuff?

I voted for that other video. It was better.

October 27, 2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

There are some other good videos -- the three that come to mind are music videos for The Format and Of Montreal and a short film called "Things you can't do when you're not in a swimming pool" or something like that.

But I still gave yours a 10 because, let's face it -- you're my sister and Irish Twin. Besides, I really like how you kind of invite the viewer into the film. You're saying, "Hey, watch this, and be part of Brigham's experiment." Plus, the background is very catchy.

October 28, 2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a hard time holding my breath for the whole video--then I passed out--then I voted--then I played it again to see if I could do it--then I passed out--then I played it again to see if I could do it--then I passed out--then I played it again. . . . I think I'm somewhat competitive!:-) You were great especially at the end! Dad

October 29, 2006 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home