10.06.2006

Movie Quotes: They're More Than Just An Obsession - They're An Irish Twin Bonding Experience

Sara and I love to quote movies. Actually, we love to do impressions of the actors saying such quotes. We love it so much that we decided to share some of our favorites. These are by no means my favorite lines from movies, rather the funnest ones to impersonate. Most of them are overly dramatic or they’re said with an accent. There are many on my list that are outright terrible. There’s no need for me to point out which one’s are ridiculous because if it’s not obvious which one's are, then you wouldn’t agree with me anyway. So here we go!

Horses, Horses, Horses, Horses...
Annie Reed
Sleepless In Seattle

That’s not happiness to see me.
Emily Bradford Taylor
A Perfect Murder

He had scissors, for hands.

Kim
Edward Scissorhands

He asked me if I wanted to go and I was like, ‘yeah, right!’
Catherine
Proof

I’m a human blanket! A human blanket!
Charlie
So I Married an Axe Murderer

A child is no longer a child. A child IS A MOUSE!!!
Miss Eve Ernst - the Grand High Witch
The Witches

Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I’ll be your slave (then forget about the baby).
Jareth
Labyrinth

I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
And while I'm at it:
nice, firm, buttocks. Chicks dig gray.
Anna Scott/Spike
Notting Hill

Ya think beautiful girls are gonna stay stahs foreva?
Fanny Brice
Funny Girl

Pappa can you hear me?

Yentl/Anshel
Yentl

I hate John...I love John...I hate John...
Emma
Emma

Mr. 152 insights into my soul!
Kathleen Kelly
You've Got Mail

You had me at hello. You HAD me at Hello.
Dorothy Boyd
Jerry Maguire

Augustus! You-ah going to drown I juss knowit!
Mrs. Gloop
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

I run and you speed walk? THAT is a serious coincidence!
Caroline Swann
The Baxter

She said, ‘Why don’t you try a change?’ I don’t want a change. I can’t USE a change...I’ll let you elaborate on that one Sara.
Jerome Eugene Morrow
Gattaca

I waited for you this morning. Parking lot. I saw you and I thought you saw me. What about prom, Blane?
(Blane? That's not a name, that's a major appliance!) No. What about prom? Just say it. I wanna hear you say it. You're a liar! You're a filthy, (er), no-good liar. You don't have the guts to tell me the truth. Just say it! You're ashamed to be seen with me. You're ashamed to go out with me. You're terrified that you're (er again) rich friends won't approve.
Andie Walsh and a smidgeon of Duckie
Pretty In Pink

What can you do with a quarter?
Polo Debevoise
How to Marry a Millionaire

What family doesn’t have its ups and downs?
Eleanor of Aquitaine
The Lion In Winter

But daddy I LOVE HIM!
Ariel
The Little Mermaid

I don't want to buy anything, sell anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
(Kickboxing IS the sport of the future)
Lloyd Dobler
Say Anything

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. 'Isn't this great?'
Mike Damone
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Listen, I don’t take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is 'artistic.’
Janice
The Muppets Take Manhattan

A powder puff for you and a powder puff for me!
Perfume Saleswoman/Joan Rivers
The Muppets Take Manhattan

Ahh, the sounds of love Su-EEE, Oink, Oink, Oink, Oink!
Kermit
The Muppets Take Manhattan

How about Ocean Breeze Soap: it gets you clean.

Kermit
The Muppets Take Manhattan

I can’t stop!!!!!! Let’s just read Sara's picks. I'm 110% sure some will be the same. Where there is a baby there be milk nearby...

Also feel free to include your own.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

You picked some REALLY good ones! I can't believe I forgot about "Funny Girl" and "Notting Hill!" What happened to me?!? I feel like I'm failing as an impersonator . . .

The Siamese cats say, "Where we finding baby there are milk nearby." (You really get the full effect of the line that way.) :)

I liked all of your Muppet quotes. One I would've used was "Hello, Bill. Phil, Gill, Jill . . ." Or "Popcorn, get your popcorn -- doo doo doo doo doo doo do doooooooooo."

I like your format better than mine. It's more readable. :(

October 07, 2006 5:08 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

I wanted to include those other Muppet quotes, but I was like, "yeah, right." By-the-way, you put one too many do's in there. heh, heh.

I feel the format you chose explains things more fully. I guess I just like lists. I never scratch off anything from my lists that I haven't completed because then I would only be cheating myself. We COULD do this all day, Sa.

I thought of another one:
"A + + + + + + + + + + + ..."
A Christmas Story

October 07, 2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

That quote from Muppets Take Manhattan is DEFINITELY one of my favorite. Nearly everything Janice says in that one is amazing...because it is always in the background and moderately messed up. Janice...what a bimbo.

October 09, 2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger skillz said...

My favourite has got to be "In eleven years its going to be 1984, man. Think about that!"

Not sure why...

October 10, 2006 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice Lex...


Chris Lawson
"Orchard Street Posse"
Stillwater,Ok

October 11, 2006 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home