10.19.2006

You Know What They Say, "Irish Twins Design the Same Graphics!"

So Sara has a job doing web stuff. I have a job doing web stuff. I caught the web design bug around 6 or 7 years ago and have had the disease since. At that time, Sara was going to be a neurosurgeon; me, a budding computer artist. Aren't we the best hybrid? We've got the sciences AND the arts covered! The only thing we're missing is the law (and I'm working on that one). Anyway, Sara only recently fell into web design. She ended up switching majors (one semester short of graduating pre-med) to that of English. She learned some web technology along the way and her first job out of school ended up being a Web Content Manager. I mention all of this for a few reasons:

1. Even our jobs in life are similar.
2. We will have our own company one day. I mean if you read my last post, we've been working on forming our own business since elementary school.
3. The image you're about to see only furthers our similarities. Prepare yourself, because apparently what you're about to see is something unplanned - yet surprisingly coincidental.



Let me provide some background info. Sara called me last night about having to create a header for her company's intranet site. I told her I would do a quick mock up of something she could maybe use. Disclaimer: Keep in mind this was created at 2:30 AM. So I designed it in Fireworks (which I now prefer to Illustrator - there, I said it! Fireworks has a much more intuitive interface!) Then I emailed it to her. Immediate gratification. Little to my knowledge, while I was designing a header, Sara designed one as well. She called me tonight and said our designs were similar so we should post them. She has seen mine, but I have yet to see hers. The mystery will soon be unveiled! I will now view Sara's design (as will you).

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Where have all the commentators gone?

:(

Well, I loved your post!

October 20, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I really like reading your blogs. Also, I really like reading your comments!

October 22, 2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Well, how much can you really say about your neato designs? Really?

And movie quotes? And your own childhood memories?

"Uh, cool."

Now how 'bout an update? One where I can get involved and chime in. :)

October 25, 2006 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home