7.05.2007

Three Attractive Features My Future Husband Will Have

1. An infectious SMILE where his whole face lights up. Luckily, this is true of most people when they show their pearly whites. I look at people's mouths when they talk, more than their eyes. This is partly because I'm deaf, but also because I like to watch the movement of the mouth more than eyes staring at me. I guess I'm saying I want a guy who not only has a nice smile, but who smiles a lot and is happy.

2. An interest in learning how things work. Whether that be the mechanics of a bicycle, neuroscience, modern roofing technologies such as solar shingles, starting a small business, or understanding the launching systems of compressed vs. gunpowder fireworks. I find this curiosity very attractive. I like people who like to learn how to do everything and have an interest in learning the process of making things work.

3. Consistently good conversations, as my sister Sara put it last night on the phone. I want someone who is as interested in hearing what I have to say as much as he is about hearing what he has to say. I don't want someone who always dominates the conversation; likewise I don't want to feel like I'm always doing the talking. It's funny because I feel like I've had some really great first dates where there was no struggle in conversation - it just fell into place; but then on the second date, it's like you can hear the crickets chirping or I can feel that I'm pulling the conversation along and afterwards am disappointed that the conversation didn't flow as smoothly as it had previously. I have some ideas why that might be, but as Sara says, I want the conversations with my future husbands to get progressively better. I want our second conversation to be as interesting as the first; and the only crickets I want to hear are the ones present for our first kiss!

So readers, what are some things you find attractive in/on the opposite sex?

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Frey said...

I need a girl who has her own life. And her own fortune. But seriously I like it when a girl can have a great time interacting with complete strangers at a park or at a parade. So she doesn't need me to have fun but when we join forces it's fantastic. And she's great with kids and falls into playing with them instantly, even if she doesn't know them. Ahh... magic. And she can sing me to sleep.
Lexy I know what you mean about the conversation. The best relationships are the ones where on the 5th date you still don't know what their major is or how many people are in their family because you are having too much fun talking about anything and everything. Trust me you will enjoy dating more if the only cliche biography question you can ask is are you single?

July 09, 2007 12:07 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I wanted all of those things too. That is why I married Brooks!

July 12, 2007 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lexia, I like your blog. I also like your website. You are super creative. I didn't know you were so into Photography, computers, etc.

As far as this post on your blog is concerned, basically we are a perfect match. Infectious smile....incredibly interested in how things work...and as far as the conversation goes I am sure it will be great.

A few things I find attractive in the opposite sex:

One thing would be mutual flirtation. Men can go out on a limb and ask someone out. They can keep a relationship going for a little while, but if there are no signals from the other end it is difficult.

Taste in music is important.

Appreciation for creativity (be it art, music etc.) Someone that can enjoy listening to Van Halen and also go to the Symphony. Someone that can watch a lame movie and go to an art gallery. I think you get the point.

July 13, 2007 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So readers, what are some things you find attractive in/on the opposite sex?
---------
1. Beauty - not in the superficial/physical sense (only), but the whole picture. Goodness inside and out.
2. A good heart.
3. A spark. Fun.
4. Fiesty, but in a soft, kind way.
5. Keeps me on my toes.
6. Best friend.

And it goes on... but when it's right, I'll know.

Maybe we'll meet sometime in NYC Mormondom! (Heaven forbid on the internet...)

July 18, 2007 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home