1.06.2007

Stick This!

Any movie whose tagline is "It's not called Gym-NICE-tics" has got to be KILLA!!! I ain't even kiddin' ya'll. Stick It rocked like a baby's crib, a boat at sea, or even the Himalaya mountain range. Not to mention the soundtrack is pretty sick with songs like "Beware of the Boys" by Panjabi MC and "We Run This" by Missy Elliott. The story line is basically the gymnastics version of "The Cutting Edge," "Bring It On," and any other female sport movie where the lead character needs an attitude adjustment despite their mad skills at ice skating, dancing, boxing, soccer, etc. The filming was a little different than your average teenage girl power movie - in a creative and artful way. Also, there is this cute scene between Poot and the mean/critical-girl-on-the-team-who-later-becomes-nice/supportive (because every movie from this genre requires one of those obstacles) asks her to the prom. I could quote it, but it's just easier if you watch it. I promise that it'll stick to you the way it stuck to me. Heh, heh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Side of Jeffrey said...

These films are cancerous growths from the more amazing films of the 80s such as Thrashin', North Shore, and Rad. But if Stick It is anything like Bring It On, its a cancer I can learn to love.

January 08, 2007 10:39 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Word to put in my everyday vocabulary... KILLA! Yes, thanks for that Lexia.

January 08, 2007 6:27 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, Stick It. Nice. But what I really have to say is. . .

LEXIA!!! I love your haircut! I saw it on Brigham's blog. I want more pictures! Camera-phone it, if you have to.

That is all. Have a nice day.

January 11, 2007 1:36 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

I took pictures with my mom's camera but she's in Hawaii 'til Friday. I'll post before/after shots as soon as she emails them to me - probably Saturday.

January 11, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger Scrumpestuous D said...

Sounds worlds better than what I ended up watching last night: Ice Princess. It's like "The Cutting Edge" meets "Weird Science" minus the advantage of having Kelly LeBrock to look at. Miserable.

January 12, 2007 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home