7.07.2007

Marriage is a Miracle

I honestly believe when I get married it will be a miracle - for myriad reasons. One of those being that it's a miracle in progress that I even want to be married...finally. More importantly, though, the timing has to be just perfect. Perfect for us to meet face to face. Perfect for me to be in the right frame of mind. Perfect for him to be in the right frame of mind. Perfect in every particular: geographically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Not to mention we have to click in so many million other ways.

Sometimes I wonder if there is someone out there who I want to spend the rest of eternity with - and that's what will truly make marriage a miracle for me. I mean, eternity is a long time. For example, I could take a nap forever in the eternities and wake up and still have forever left - to do whatever - to take another forever nap. I feel a small amount of pressure about committing the rest of my time with someone else; however, my desire to form an intimate union greatly outways the fear of commitment. The thing that makes me not so terrified about choosing someone to be with eternally (or the worry of not liking the same person forever) is when I think of my sister, Sara. I definitely want to have her around in the eons to come. I couldn't imagine living forever without her in it. So if I want to know her forever then there's got to be some male equivalent walking around out there that I also want to know forever.

To me there are two forms of love. The kind where I say "I love you" and then the kind where I say "I marriage love you!" I love many people and have on a few occasions felt like I loved a boy; but never marriage loved a boy. I suppose once I realize I marriage love someone, then I won't be nervous about the lengthy time involved in eternity. After all, I could imagine Jimmy (of the New York Fallon's) and me together forever. Sigh...forever Fallon. Come on you guys, I haven't made one reference to Jimmy this whole entire month!!!

If Merriam-Webster is right in defining a miracle as "an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs," then it's going to take the intervention of God for me to find the right person - and I write that with a little humor in my voice and a lot of sincerity.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Aw, thanks, Lex. I want to know you for forever, too. You're my best girl.

August 08, 2007 1:11 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I think that you are 100% right here champ! I used to think that babies are a miracle (and they are), but now that I think about it, these days, marriage is more of a miracle.

August 11, 2007 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home